Twitter Feed

Saturday, December 14, 2013

All Grown Up

I guess you're all grown up if it is time to snip the " bunny berries." Little Angel was turning Addy's stuffed animals into his girlfriends so I decided to have him fixed before she noticed. It was hard enough explaining the surgery without her noticing his randy behavior. I took Angel to the CSU Vet Hospital for the procedure last week. All the student vets fawned over him during his exam and he ate. it. up. He had no problems being carried off by the gushing girls.
He looked so sweet when I left him and he came back looking like he was a cast member for The Hangover. The Vets accidentally scratched Angel's corneas during the procedure so I had to give him eye drops along with his pain meds twice a day. Oh yeah, I also had to put a cold compress on his "berries" twice a day. Luckily we have trained Angel to be cradled so we can cut his nails. He didn't fight me at all when I gave him his meds and applied the compress. He is such a little Angel. After a week of recooperation in his cage we let Angel out yesterday and he ran around the family room like his tail was on fire. I think he is feeling better. 
I did learn from the Vets that I have not been giving the boys enough hay. Apparently 90% of their diet is supposed to be hay and not pellets. Glad I learned that now. I was very impressed with CSU ( not just because they gave me a state employee discount). I will be taking the boys there for check-ups from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment